Weekend: Sat 5pm; Sun. 9am (resumes Sept. 13) & 11am
Sacrament of Reconciliation: Sat 4pm
Holy Days: 9am & 7pm
Welcome Fr. Mike!
Msgr. Michael LeFevre
We strive to be an open, welcoming and caring Catholic community of believers who are called to share, celebrate, renew and grow in faith, love of God and one another. We embrace Jesus by living His teachings and values and put our faith into action through service, tithing and outreach.
Religious Education 2020
Religious Education will begin on Sunday October 4th. Things will be a little different this year. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are choosing to move toward family style religious education. This will involve both an online portion covered at home as well as a monthly in-person (or zoom) education session with a small group of other families. Cost will be $135 per child, $160 for a child during a sacrament year. Specific details will be shared at all of the masses on Sept. 12 and 13th. To reserve a spot, please fill out the following form:
Readings for the week of September 13, 2020
- Sunday: Sir 27:30—28:7 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12  / Rom 14:7-9 / Mt 18:21-35
- Monday: Nm 21:4b-9 / Ps 78:1bc-2, 34-35, 36-37, 38 [cf. 7b] / Phil 2:6-11 / Jn 3:13-17
- Tuesday: 1 Cor 12:12-14, 27-31a / Ps 31:2 and 3b, 3cd-4, 5-6, 15-16, 20  / Jn 19:25-27 or Lk 2:33-35
- Wednesday: 1 Cor 12:31—13:13 / Ps 33:2-3, 4-5, 12 and 22  / Lk 7:31-35
- Thursday: 1 Cor 15:1-11 / Ps 118:1b-2, 16ab-17, 28  / Lk 7:36-50
- Friday: 1 Cor 15:12-20 / Ps 17:1bcd, 6-7, 8b and 15 [15b] / Lk 8:1-3
- Saturday: 1 Cor 15:35-37, 42-49 / Ps 56:10c-12, 13-14  / Lk 8:4-15
- Next Sunday: Is 55:6-9 / Ps 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18 [18a] / Phil 1:20c-24, 27a / Mt 20:1-16a
COVID- 19 Response and Recommendations - Click here for the updates from Archdiocese of Detorit
A Note from St. Owen Staff
THE PARISH OFFICE IS NOW OPEN, PLEASE WEAR A MASK
- The church will be open only for masses only. We are very vigilant about sanitizing our worship space between the masses therefore keeping it open during the day would be contra-productive.
- The parish bulletin will be available in the church, as well as on the parish website. You may also subscribe to the bulletin at www.parishesonline.com.
- Live Stream online Masses will continue to be available via our website.
- Daily and weekly scripture readings are available on our website.
- Donations of food and paper goods to replenish the parish pantry are now welcome, please call parish office to make a drop off arrangements.
We appreciate all your support during this unsettling time, please continue your weekly contributions.
Jesus Christ, healer of all, stay by our side in this time of uncertainty and sorrow.
Be with those who have died from the virus. May they be at rest with you in your eternal peace.
Be with the families of those who are sick or have died. As they worry and grieve, defend them from illness and despair. May they know your peace.
Be with the doctors, nurses, researchers and all medical professionals who seek to heal and help those affected and who put themselves at risk in the process. May they know your protection and peace.
Be with the leaders of all nations. Give them the foresight to act with charity and true concern for the well-being of the people they are meant to serve. Give them the wisdom to invest in long-term solutions that will help prepare for or prevent future outbreaks. May they know your peace, as they work together to achieve it on earth.
Jesus Christ, heal us.