Welcome to our parish website wherein we try to keep you current with the happenings within our community. Click on the bulletin site to find our latest events and needs.
Each year we attempt to focus our parish on a different aspect of being a church and this year our mission word is “growing”. When I think of growing as a parish community it isn’t necessarily about the count of parishioners, but a focus on what we are doing as a community to grow in our love for the Lord and one another.
Some of the activities that grow us would certainly be our Eucharistic celebrations whether that is the weekend liturgy or one of our daily gatherings. Young families are encouraged to grow by participating in our Faith Formation sessions that run on Mondays during the academic year. High school-age students have their own focus by gathering on Sunday afternoons and learning more about their faith. Adult faith formation is a wonderful opportunity to stretch our faith and we attempt to offer scripture study and continuing formation throughout the year.
A difficult growth occurs in our parish when one of our members dies and we attempt to accompany the family in their time of grief. Watch the bulletin or listen on the weekend and pick up the name of that person and hold them in prayer.
Some of our growth happens outside the confines of the parish complex because we reach out to meet the needs of the hungry and the poor, especially in the Pontiac area. There is always information on the carousel in the church lobby directing our attention to our current outreach.
If you don’t belong to our community, I invite you to come check us out and introduce yourself to me and the community.
Saturday: 5:00 PM
Sunday: 9:00 AM & 11:00 AM
Monday: 9:00 AM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM
Thursday: 9:00 AM
Friday: 9:00 AM
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Saturday: 4:00 PM
9:00 AM & 7:00 PM
December 4 – All Sessions Meet
December 11 – All Sessions Meet
December 18 - Christmas Break
Readings for the week of December 10, 2023
- Sunday: Is 40:1-5, 9-11 / Ps 85:9-10, 11-12, 13-14 (8) / 2 Pt 3:8-14 / Mk 1:1-8
- Monday: Is 35:1-10 / Ps 85:9ab and 10, 11-12, 13-14 / Lk 5:17-26
- Tuesday: Zec 2:14-17 or Rv 11:19a; 12:1-6a, 10ab / Jdt 13:18bcde, 19 / Lk 1:26-38 or Lk 1:39-47
- Wednesday: Is 40:25-31 / Ps 103:1-2, 3-4, 8 and 10 / Mt 11:28-30
- Thursday: Is 41:13-20 / Ps 145:1 and 9, 10-11, 12-13ab / Mt 11:11-15
- Friday: Is 48:17-19 / Ps 1:1-2, 3, 4 and 6 / Mt 11:16-19
- Saturday: Sir 48:1-4, 9-11 / Ps 80:2ac and 3b, 15-16, 18-19 / Mt 17:9a, 10-13
- Next Sunday: Is 61:1-2a, 10-11 / Lk 1:46-48, 49-50, 53-54 (Is 61:10b) / 1 Thes 5:16-24 / Jn 1:6-8, 19-28